Healthy and Tasty Rice Bowl
This rice Bowl will serve 4 or a couple of meals for 2 people. This is a good recipe for meal prep. You can adjust it to your taste.
· 3 cups of cooked rice
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint or basil (I combine both)
· 1 cup canned chickpeas, well rinsed
· 1 cucumber, chopped
· 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
· 1 red pepper, chopped
· 4 green onion tops, chopped
· 1cup crumbled feta
· 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
· 5 boiled eggs (can be substitute with chicken)
· 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
· 1/4 cup of olive oil
· Salt/pepper to taste (I used 1 teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper)
Cook rice as per the package. In the meantime, chop all the vegies.
Once the rice is cooked and cooled a bit, add it to a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. **You can also add the rice to individual bowls and add toppings to the individual bowls.
Combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and salt/pepper to taste. Por it over everything and toss it until well mixed. Now is ready to serve.