Teriyaki Butternut Squash Stir Fry
This recipe is a quick dish to make, it's also good for meal prepping. If you don't' like spices just omit the chili peppers.
· 1 pkg (227g) Butternut squash veggie noodles
· 1 of each pepper red, yellow, and orange
· 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced.
· ¼ teaspoon of chili peppers
· 4 -5 small green onions chopped.
· 1 tablespoons stir-fry oil (can use sesame oil instead)
· ¼ cup No Soy Teriyaki sauce (or you can make it, recipe attached)
· salt and pepper to taste.
· Sesame seeds, for the garnish
· 1 cup Basmati Rice
1. Make the rice according to instructions.
2. Prepare the sauce if you are making your own.
3. Dice the peppers into large chunks. Peel and mince the ginger. slice the green onion.
4. In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon stir-fry oil to the skillet. Add the peppers and a few pinches salt. Cook for about 2 minutes, add the ginger, peppers, green onion, chili peppers and another pinch salt and pepper to taste.
5. Sauté until the vegetables are just tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Add teriyaki sauce and stir together until everything is coated with sauce. Turn off stove.
7. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
· 1/4 cup soy free soy sauce (I used Naked & Saucy Soy sauce Substitute)
· 1/4 cup maple syrup
· 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
· 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
· 1/2 cup water
Combine the soy free soy sauce, maple syrup, and rice wine vinegar in a medium saucepan and set over medium heat. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the water and whisk until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan.
Heat the sauce for a few minutes, whisking constantly, until it becomes very thick, smooth. Remove the sauce to a bowl and cool the sauce while you make the remainder of the recipe.
This sauce can also be made in advance and kept in the fridge.