Last night we made pasta salad for dinner and as always it was a success with the family even my 15 year old had seconds :) This pasta salad is so easy to make and you can substitute items depending what you have in your fridge.
· 3 cups of rotini or Bow tie pasta
· 1 pkg (100g) of salami sliced into small strips (can be substituted with boiled egg or chicken...)
· 3 cups of cherry tomatoes halved
· 1/2 English cucumber diced
· 1 cup pf green onions chopped
· 2 cups lactose free shredded mozzarella
· 1/2 cup black olives pitted and sliced
· 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and halved
· 1/2 cup roasted red peppers drained and chopped
· 1/3 cup parsley finely chopped
· Italian dressing to taste (I use the whole recipe amount) ***Dressing recipe below
1. Cook rotini pasta according to package instructions in salted water about 9 minutes or so
2. While pasta cooks, prepare all the other ingredients and make the salad dressing.
3. Salad dressing can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge.
4. Once pasta cooked, drain it and rinse with cold water. Add all ingredients to a big bowl, add dressing tossed it.
5. Add more salt and peppers if needed.
· 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
· 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
· 2 tablespoons water
· 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
· 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
· 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
· 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
· 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley
· 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
· 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
· ground black pepper to taste